Harris Creek leadership has given much thought and prayer to where God will lead us next. Check out this quick video from JP below, and read more about our approach, the June 7 re-opening, and the safety precautions we’re taking, detailed underneath the video.
As we continue to listen to city and state guidelines, our desire is to meet safely and effectively through Covid-19. We’ve developed a 3-phase strategy our church will follow in the coming months. All of this can change and fluctuate, but it’s our desire that this helps give you a sense of direction, hope, and peace about where we’re headed.
Phase 1 – This first phase is the phase we just recently experienced. Individuals, couples, and families shelter in place while continuing to meet with their Life Groups and worship exclusively online. In addition, we’ll engage age-specific groups through digital platforms.
Phase 2 – This second phase is when state and city guidelines allow for our entire church body to meet in-person while adhering to specific social distancing standards. These standards define and detail out how many people can safely occupy our building while social distancing. These are some possible plans during this phase:
- Adding more services in order to have fewer people per service
- Adjusting our procedures in order to allow for better spacing while entering and exiting the worship center
- Closing off rows in the worship center
- Not providing in-person Kids Ministry or providing Kids Ministry activities that can be safely administered in-person
- Adjusting our communion and offering procedures
- Enhancing sanitization and deep-cleaning of our church facility
- Continuing live stream services and digital engagement opportunities
During Phase 2, we will continue to provide a great online worship experience. Once we begin to gather together, we will deep-clean all of our facilities between services and provide hand sanitizing stations throughout our campus. Our facilities will also be regularly deep cleaned and sanitized throughout the week. Harris Creek members currently in a Life Group, elderly, or immune deficient are encouraged to continue to gather online until the threat has passed.
Phase 3 – We know a time is coming when there will be no restrictions on how and when we gather for worship. When that day comes, we will continue to use caution and best practices for large group gatherings. While we look forward to meeting in large groups again, we believe digital engagement at Harris Creek is here to stay. We will continue to live stream our services indefinitely and use whatever digital resources available to help engage the community and equip members of Harris Creek. We will continue to discern which in-person gatherings to postpone on an “as needed” basis.
June 7 Re-opening
Beginning June 7, we will be gathering in person at our Sunwest Campus (401 Stageline Drive). If you are in a Life Group or in an “at risk” group, we ask that you not attend in-person gatherings and continue to watch online.
Safety Measures & Precautions
As we implement Phase 2, we are taking an abundance of precautions for the safety of our community. Some of these safety measures include:
- Allowing equal to or less than 25% occupancy rate in any meeting rooms
- Providing face masks for anyone entering the building
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the building
- All staff and volunteers wearing face masks for Sunday services
- Occupancy threshold monitoring for bathrooms
- Seating families 6 feet apart
- Using every other row in auditorium for Sunday services
We’re grateful for our church family and the ways you’ve been flexible during this season. We believe God has been up to some incredible things over quarantine and will continue to do immeasurably more through the people of Harris Creek. Thank you for your grace and adaptability as we figure out how to be the church in this unique season. We are in it together.